Partner with us
Proudly Canadian but globally focused, My Precious Pictures develops, finances, and produces highly entertaining, award-winning genre films and series that start critical conversations, and with its unique innovative go-to-market online platform - My Precious Story Lounge - is positioning itself to be an industry leader in building and engaging audiences.
We are actively seeking coproduction partnerships with producers from countries with an official treaty with Canada as well as coventures with those who are not. We are especially interested in working with award-winning creators and forward-thinking collaborators who understand that a film or series can be both critically and commercially successful without compromising creatively.
On the financing side, as we are based in British Columbia, My Precious Pictures has access to generous provincial and federal tax credits. Furthermore, MPP’s unique business model breaks the traditional indie film producing mold of financing each project from scratch.
Instead, MPP is seeking investment for the company’s slate and expansion plan as well as its online platform; government funding and loans as a woman-owned and operated small business; and multi-project deals with its ideal distributors (respected and connected companies who focus on smart genre or high concept dramas and have success in out-of-the-box marketing). This will ensure our financing model is repeatable, profitable and scalable for years to come, as well as mitigating risk and maximizing return for our investors.
If you are interested in learning more about coproducing with us or investment opportunities, please feel free to contact us.
Why My Precious Pictures?
Since its inception in 2018, My Precious Pictures has already proven itself to be a company to partner with and invest in.
We have received company and project grants, development loans and equity financing from Telefilm Canada, the Harold Greenberg Fund and Creative BC, as well as private equity investment and vendor loans for our first feature film, CHAINED, which has Canadian, US and soon World distribution; and the VR narrative short DOWNLOADED, which had its World Premiere at the 2019 Venice Film Festival (nominated for Best Virtual Reality) and was listed on Forbes' 2019 "Top 50 XR Experiences”.
MPP Founder and President
As past president of Women in Film and Television Vancouver and a respected member of the BC film community, Rachelle Chartrand has been invited to:
- Sit on numerous juries including three times for the Artistic Merit Award at the Vancouver International Film Festival (VIFF)
- Moderate panels, speak at industry events and be interviewed for podcasts
-Teach workshops and classes on writing and producing, most recently the Producing for Screenwriters class at InFocus Film School in Vancouver.
MPP is a proud member of the Canadian Media Producers Association and Women in Film and Television Vancouver.
Other awards and accomplishments include being:
- Chosen for the 2021 Producers Without Borders (Telefilm Coproduction Program at EFM)
- Chosen for the 2021 CMPA/Screen Ireland Networking Event
- Chosen for the 2021 Canada/UK Audiovisual Business Development Days (CMPA)
- Chosen for the 2020 European Film Market Mentorship (CMPA)
- Chosen for the 2020 Banff Spark Accelerator (Banff World Media Festival)
- Chosen for the 2020 Canada’s Trade Accelerator Program (World Trade Centre Vancouver)
- 1 of 6 CDN producers chosen for the Producers Lab; 2018 Whistler Film Festival; Executive Producer mentor - David Gross (ROOM, KIN, GOON)
“CHAINED” – Feature Film (completed)
- Winner - 2018 JETS Program (Telefilm supported international coproduction initiative and pitching competition held during the European Film Market)
- Semi-finalist in the 2018 Academy Nicholl Fellowship for Screenwriting
- Recipient of Canada Feature Film Fund, Telefilm (2019)
- Recipient of Polish & Packaging, Stage 1 from Harold Greenberg Fund (2018)
- Recipient of Project Development Fund Creative BC (2018)
- World Premiere at the 2020 Vancouver International Film Festival
- Nominated for six awards with the Vancouver Film Critics Circle awards including Best BC Film (winner), Best Canadian Screenplay, Best Canadian Actor (Marlon Kazadi), 2 x Best Canadian Supporting Actor (Aleks Paunovic and Adrian Holmes), "Canada’s One To Watch" - Titus Heckel (tied for win)
- One of only nine feature films selected for the 2021 Canadian Film Fest
- Winner Best Producer (Rachelle Chartrand), Winner Best Actor (Aleks Paunovic), Winner Best Young Actor (Marlon Kazadi); Nominated for Best Film at the New York International Film Festival, 04/2021
- Nominated Best Screenplay, Best Casting, Best Supporting Actor (Adrian Holmes) 2021 Leo Awards
- Nominated Best Film (budget > $100K) – Toronto Independent Film Awards
- Two nominations for Best Lead Actor (Marlon Kazadi and Aleks Paunovic) - UBCP/ACTRA Awards
- Distributed in Canada, the United States and soon Internationally.
“Downloaded” – VR narrative short (completed)
- World Premiere at the 2019 Venice Film Festival; Nominee, Venice Award for Best Virtual Reality
- 2019 Vancouver International Film Festival - Immersed Program
- 2019 Busan International Film Festival
- 2019 - VR Days - Church of VR
- 2019 Cairo International Film Festival
- 2020 Brussels International Fantastic Film Festival - VR
- Listed on Forbes' 2019 "Top 50 XR Experiences"
“Theory of Evelyn” – Series - Co-creator/cowriter (in development)
- Quarter-finalist - 2016 Austin Film Festival Screenplay Competition (pilot script ‘Black F*#King Holes’)
- Quarter-finalist - 2016 Script Pipeline Competition (pilot script)
- Recipient of the 2020 Creative BC/CMF/CMPA Regional Predevelopment Program (pilot/series)
- Recipient of Bell Media Fund (2022)
“Mist Among the Trees” Feature Film (in development)
- Quarterfinalist, 2021 WeScreenplay Feature Competition
- Top 50 Finalist, 2021 Network ISA Fast Track Fellowship
- Top 10 Finalist (Mystery/Crime/Thriller genre), Table Read My Screenplay Competition
- Semifinalist, Filmmatic – Inroads Fellowship
- Semifinalist, Stage 32 Feature Drama Screenwriting Contest 2021
“Both Sides of the Gun” Feature Film (in development)
- Chosen to represent Canada at the JETS Program, held virtually on Feb 16-19, 2021 (traditionally held in Berlin during the European Film Market)
- Rep Project for Producers Without Borders (Telefilm Coproduction Program at EFM 2021)